Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Selfish Mama

So I'm going away again. I have had this Vegas weekend with my Utah girlfriends planned for months, since long before my grandma's birthday party was planned. No way I'm giving it up. It's going to be great.

Still, it feels mighty strange to leave the family two weekends out of a month. Between this, and Young Women, and work, and miscellaneous other stuff like singing at the cancer relay last weekend, by the time I get back I'll be almost a stranger. My kids seem strangely taller lately. I've been missing a lot. It stinks, and I feel guilty. But not guilty enough to stay home this weekend.

I've resolved, after this trip, to say NO to the next five things I'm asked to do. Well, maybe three. We'll see if something really good comes up.

No comments: