Thursday, April 14, 2005

Going to the closet, going on a trip

Does anybody remember that song from Zoboomafoo? Unlike the one on Zoboomafoo, though, my closet is not going to dump its contents on me when I open the door. I have a walk-in now. No more cramming, yay!

Anyway I am headed for Salt Lake this weekend for my grandma's birthday party. It's my first-ever trip alone, without the little wild things. It feels ... very weird, oddly selfish. I have had a getaway with Glenn before, but not all by myself.

Things are fairly well ordered ... the meals are planned, and there's even a casserole in the fridge that they can take to the ward potluck on Friday. (I know! It's so Mommy Mormonish!) So why do I have this fear that no one is going to eat or go to bed or do laundry?

Thankfully I do not have to worry about the rest of the housekeeping. Glenn usually does it anyway. I am a lucky lady.

I take the airport shuttle to Fresno at 2 pm. See you all when I get back, Monday.

No comments: