Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer salad

It's the first day of summer vacation for my kids today. There was a palpable energy in the house starting about 6:30 a.m. This caused us to hustle everybody to daycare asap even though I didn't have to be at work until 9. Because when I say palpable energy, what I mean is that the kids were really freaking loud today, even more than usual.

Anyway, yay, summer! Here is what we had last night alongside great big hamburgers:

Blackberry and jicama salad

4 c. romaine and/or red leaf lettuce in bite-size pieces
1/4 c. purple cabbage, sliced thin
1 c. jicama, diced
1 c. blackberries or boysenberries
Your favorite red wine or raspberry vinaigrette
1/2 c. feta cheese

Mix it. That is all. I love the ease of a salad.

I am sorry about no pictures. I have great intentions. Honestly, though, when I get dinner on the table, I generally care a lot more about my growly stomach than my blog readers. I will try to be less selfish.

No comments: