- About a week ago I fell (a Cub-Scout-made stepstool slipped out from under me) and cracked a rib. I don't recommend this. It makes me glad to know that the created-from-Adam's-rib story is (in Brigham Young's words) a "baby story." Because, ouch. And I'm guessing there were neither Advil Liqui-Gels nor Vicodin tablets in Eden.
- New clothes feel so awesome. Or maybe it's because I can really wear warm clothes comfortably for the first time in several years. I got two new fitted layering turtlenecks (one black, one white) for Christmas and then bought myself two kind of 80s-shaped short-sleeve sweaters with deep V necks (one gray, one green) to wear over them. In Cali, about the most I could stand was a long-sleeved tee in the winter. Yay for cozy clothes.
- Saw two moms from the ward at the gym yesterday. Feel hopeful for gym/church friendships. Because of the aforementioned rib injury I am taking it sort of easy in my workouts - no ball crunches, lunge twists, push-ups. And no impact exercise (running on the treadmill). Just the elliptical trainer and some weight machines that allow me to hold my torso very very still.
- I have been up before 7:30 a.m. for TWO DAYS in a row. I am starting to feel like I actually want to do things other than lie in bed, eating candy and watching Buffy and Star Trek on DVD. This is a good sign for emergence from extremely geeky depression.
- Had to replace some homeschool curriculum (Language Arts and History) after our move. Chose k12. Love it. Love how their computer does the planning for me. Easy cheesy! However, there's no state funding for homeschooling in Montana. This gives me added motivation to prepare S for a return to the classroom this fall. I can't afford this!
- Z is still "The Real Snow White." However, her one true love is Victor from The Corpse Bride. "He talks nice," she says. Join the rest of us crushing on Johnny Depp, babe. Some like Pirates Johnny, some (like me) like Chocolat Johnny, some might even like ultra-clean and nervous Finding Neverland Johnny, but we all like him. Anyway the good news is, maybe now the missionaries will get a break.
I am prevailed upon to make popcorn. I have some New Year's sledding pictures to post after I recharge my camera batteries.