Thursday, January 07, 2010

A little jaunt

This was a New Year's Day sledding trip up the canyon where Dr. G's dad spent his boyhood summers. Astonishingly lovely. We were just sledding on a little closed road right off the main thoroughfare. Also playing on the frozen creek under the bridge.



We heard a lot of the Grumpy Old Troll song from Dora the Explorer.


Speaking of Dora ... gosh, our girl is pretty, huh? She loves the snow.


Sam is pulling an absolutely amazing vintage sled given us by our friend Carla - dear, dear neighbor from Merced. It is wicked fast and probably dangerous. Coolest detail: Apollo rocket paint job. I need to take a better picture of it.





Sadly, my camera battery died after only four photos. At least we have the four. Missing: my cute K. Next time maybe I will make him my primary subject.


2 comments:

Marta Nielsen said...

That looks so fun! I always enjoyed sledding in the dark, though with littles that may not be so great.

D said...

My kids are totally jealous. They've been wanting to go play in snow for forever. Now I will have to take them...just where is the question.