Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It has come to our attention

That there are blogs where people are discussing the university where I work. Ooooh! Shocker!

Hey, all you kids (and grownups) blogging about UC Merced! Hi!

Steve Vicious, if you're out there, there's not going to be basketball yet. Sorry.

Just so you know, my boss is going to a meeting with other people around the UC system next month. They are going to talk about "Conquering the Blogosphere." Shore up your defenses.

Actually in my opinion it is great that you are talking about us. We know this is not the place for everyone. But personally I can say I love it here, and everyone I work with has the deepest personal interest in helping students succeed. Don't forget Irvine and Riverside started out in the boonies, too. Even Berkeley was a little isolated when it first got started. We need our wide open spaces, because we have a lot of growing to do.

No comments: