Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sweet potato birthday

A turns five today. I can hardly believe it. My baby is definitely really gone! He is so excited to be five because he is sure he will be able to run faster once he passes the magical milestone. I am going to take treats into his preschool class at lunch today -- ice cream bars, at his request. That, I can handle.

We had his party on Saturday with 12 little kids at my house in cowboy hats and bandannas, eating hot dogs and cake under balloons and streamers and playing musical chairs and doing relay races.



There is only one word for that: CRAZY! I think the next birthday party is going to be pizza and a bounce house. Doing it the old fashioned way really wore me out!

And those are the seams you see on his shirt. It was inside out. I didn't notice until I was looking at the pictures the following day. That's what kind of mommy I am, folks.

Happy birthday to my little sweet potato.

And happy day to his wonderful birthmom in North Carolina. We love you, love you, love you!

2 comments:

SalGal said...

Happy Birthday Baby Abie!!

Love,
The Jex Men

Lisa M. said...

You know ...

I think you're one fantastic Moma!

Beautiful.