Saturday, March 18, 2006

The good stuff

Well, there's plenty of crap going on. But in the spirit of keeping my dirty laundry to my own darn self until I can at least get a start on it, I'm going to tell you instead that I am ROCKING my Saturday today.

So far I've cleaned both bathrooms, changed all the sheets, started the laundry, taken out the trash and picked up and vacuumed the bedrooms. All of which sorely needed to be done. Last week I did no house chores (went to the temple with the youth and worked on taxes instead) and it was ugly... do you have any idea of the amount of hair that can accumulate in a bathroom over two weeks? Ewwwwwwww! Once I got my bathroom clean I also took a shower. Nice to take a shower in a clean bathroom for a change.

Going shopping with SalGal this afternoon (the day for our much-anticipated Kohl's trip has finally arrived!) so I have to earn it a little bit!

And I feel free to shop because our tax refund is freaking HUGE! Our last credit card will be paid off as soon as we get it, and we will have the money to fix my car! WAHOO!

(Stay focused on that, rather on the school's threat that if someone continues his oppositional behavior he will be suspended ... and the teacher noticed that he cut his hair and I didn't have time to fix it for two days ... yes, thank you, I am the mother of the year. I dare you all to come live in my house and see what it's like. When I have processed this stuff a little more I will do a better post about it.)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love tax returns. The fact that we get so much back probably means we're having too much withheld, but we kind of consider it a savings program, since we probably wouldn't be as good about saving up that much per year on our own. We've used them to eliminate large chunks of debt, buy a car, go on vacation, help with a down payment on our house... awesome. It totally feels like free money.

And you rock for getting so much done on a Saturday. That is probably my least productive day of the week (I blame my husband for distracting me with his magnetic presence...). :)